This webinar recording is produced by Paragon Veterinary Referrals.
Andrea Holmes (Head of Medicine) and Nick Coleman (Veterinary Nurse) discuss the nurses role in transfusion and why we use blood products.
The following is covered:
- When do we most commonly need to transfuse?
- How do you monitor a blood transfusion?
- How do we identify adverse effects?
- How do we manage adverse effects?
- Haemolytic reactions and non haemolytic reactions
- What is the blood sharing scheme at The Pet Blood Bank (UK)?
- What are the commonly used blood products?
- Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation – An Introduction (Veterinary Journal Club Podcast)
- Blood Lactate Levels (Vet Education Podcast)
- Circulatory Shock in Cats (Vet Education Podcast)
- High Flow Nasal Oxygen: Journal Review (Veterinary Journal Club Podcast)