Cataracts and Lens Luxation
This free Veterinary Webinar is produced by North Downs Specialist Referrals with Richard Everson, RCVS and European Veterinary Specialist in Ophthalmology.
This webinar recording focuses on diseases of the lens, in particular cataracts in cats and dogs, and lens luxation.
The following is discussed:
- Causes of Cataracts
- Which cataracts should be referred?
- Diabetic cataracts and lens capsule rupture
- Surgical complications with cataracts
- Breed variations in risks associated with cataract surgery
- Differences between cataracts in cats and dogs
- Case examples with images
- Diagnosing lens luxation
- Primary lens luxation
- Secondary lens luxation
- Medical management
- Surgical Management
- Associated glaucoma – diode laser cyclophotocoagulation