Gastric Dilatation and Volvulus - GDV
This free Veterinary Webinar is produced by Paragon Veterinary Referrals with Mickey Tivers, European and RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Surgery.
Mickey Tivers shares his approach to GDV in this webinar recording. Included is useful information for those with no experience of the condition as well tips and tricks for those who want to refine their technique and improve patient outcome.
- How does GDV normally present?
- What are the intrinsic and extrinsic risk factors?
- Initial assessment of the GDV patient
- Fluid Therapy
- Percutaneous Decompression
- Oro-gastric Decompression
- Distinguishing Gastric Dilatation from Gastric Dilatation and Volvulus
- Anaesthesia in patients with GDV
- Repositioning and lavaging the stomach
- Gastric Viability and Gastric Resection
- Gastropexy Techniques – Incisional, Belt Loop, Tube
- Post operative care and complications