Radiography of the Acute Abdomen
This free Veterinary Webinar is produced by London Vet Specialists with Dr Ian David Jones BVetMed, MVetMed, CertVDI, DipECVDI, PhD, MRCVS.
Does this patient have a surgical or a non-surgical problem?
This webinar recording discusses the radiographic approach to patients with signs of acute abdominal disease namely: vomiting, abdominal pain, lethargy and anorexia. In particular, what changes on radiography can help us decide whether a surgical approach is necessary?
After running through some tips on how to get the best radiographic views of the abdomen, Dr Jones moves on to discussing diagnosis of the following problems:
- Peritoneal effusion
- Gastric Dilatation and Volvulus (GDV)
- Gastric Foreign Bodies
- Mechanical ileus of the small bowel secondary to a foreign body
- Colonic torsion
- Ultrasound of the Acute Abdomen (London Vet Specialists Webinar)
- Radiographic Lung Patterns (London Vet Specialists Webinar)
- Radiographic Assessment of the Heart (London Vet Specialists Webinar)
- Fractures: Assessment and Planning (Eastcott Referrals Webinar)
- Dental Radiography (Eastcott Referrals Webinar)