This free Veterinary Webinar is produced by London Vet Specialists with Dr Ian David Jones BVetMed, MVetMed, CertVDI, DipECVDI, PhD, MRCVS.
This webinar recording describes how to assess the heart in lateral and ventro-dorsal thoracic radiographs in cats and dogs. In particular we find out how to answer the following three questions:
- Is the heart too big?
- Is it left or right sided enlargement?
- Is there evidence of heart failure?
The clock face analogy can be used to help identify which part of the heart is enlarged, and in turn direct us towards the area of pathology.
Dr Jones uses numerous radiographic images to take us step-by-step through the various abnormalities we might encounter. The webinar that follows on from this one describes changes in the appearance of the heart when heart disease is present. It can be found here.
- Radiographic Appearance of Heart Disease (London Vet Specialists)
- Radiographs of the Acute Abdomen (London Vet Specialists Webinar)
- Radiographic Lung Patterns (London Vet Specialists Webinar)
- Interventions for Cardiac Arrhythmias (Davies Veterinary Specialists)
- Congestive Heart Failure (Heart Vets Webinar)