What are Canine Necrotising Fasciitis and Canine Necrotising Myositis? In this free podcast produced byVet Education, Dr Philip Judge talks us through the bacterial causes of necrotising fasciitis in dogs and also runs through the factors that increase risk.
Bacteria enter sites through wounds, or via the blood and infection spreads along fascial planes. Without early diagnosis, mortality rates can be as high as 80%. Pain is usually far in excess of what we normally expect from the corresponding lesion, and sometimes we may not see an obvious site.
How do we pick up on these patients early and what progression should we expect? We hear tips on when to suspect necrotising fasciitis and what action to take to reduce mortality rates in these patients.
- Chronic Otitis Externa (Pure Animal Podcast)
- Dermatology Drug Choices (The Derm Vet Podcast)
- Dermatology Nursing (The Vet Nurse Times Podcast)
- Canine Staphylococcal Pyoderma (Ontario Animal Health Network Podcast)
- Dermatophytosis – Ringworm (The Derm Vet Podcast)
- Atopic Dermatitis (Pure Animal Podcast)
- Allergies: Why use immunotherapy? (The Derm Vet Podcast)