Antibiotic resistance has made treatment of canine staphylococcal pyoderma increasingly difficult. Professor of Veterinary Dermatology Dr. Doug DeBoer shares his insights with us including clarifying the difference between MRS, MRSP and MRSA, in this podcast produced by Ontario Animal Health Network.
We also hear his advice on when a culture and sensitivity should be performed and whether topical treatments can serve as good alternatives to oral antibiotics. Next we hear more about Dr DeBoer’s approach to topical treatments and how effective he finds them in treatment and prevention of pyoderma. Finally a word on antibiotic stewardship and how best to preserve them.
- Chronic Otitis Externa (Pure Animal Podcast)
- Dermatology Drug Choices (The Derm Vet Podcast)
- Dermatology Nursing (The Vet Nurse Times Podcast)
- Dermatophytosis – Ringworm (The Derm Vet Podcast)
- Canine Necrotising Fasciitis (Vet Education Podcast)
- Atopic Dermatitis (Pure Animal Podcast)
- Allergies: Why use immunotherapy? (The Derm Vet Podcast)
- Allergies: Sublingual Immunotherapy (The Derm Vet Podcast)