Thiis free Veterinary CPD Podcast is produced by theVet Nurse Times. John Redbond who set up the Veterinary Dermatology Nursing Group (VDNG), discusses the role of RVN’s in working up skin cases in practice.
Why should veterinary nurses be encouraged to take an interest in dermatology? What are the benefits for the team, the patient and the practice? Vet consults are often too brief to take full clinical histories, swabs from multiple sites, examine those samples, and report the results to owners.
Veterinary nurses can therefore facilitate much more thorough work ups of skin cases which may increase the likelihood of an accurate diagnosis. In addition, it may reduce the overuse of antibiotics in dermatology cases when they may not be necessary.
- Chronic Otitis Externa (Pure Animal Podcast)
- Dermatology Drug Choices (The Derm Vet Podcast)
- Canine Staphylococcal Pyoderma (Ontario Animal Health Network Podcast)
- Dermatophytosis – Ringworm (The Derm Vet Podcast)
- Canine Necrotising Fasciitis (Vet Education Podcast)
- Atopic Dermatitis (Pure Animal Podcast)
- Allergies: Why use immunotherapy? (The Derm Vet Podcast)
- Sublingual Immunotherapy (The Derm Vet Podcast)