Cytology in Dermatology Cases
This free Veterinary Webinar is produced by North Downs Specialist Referrals with dermatologist Inge Geens.
We hear about the uses of cytology in dermatology cases. Inge Geens discusses how microscopic examination of impression smears, FNA’s and swabs can be a quick and simple tool at all levels of practice.
The following is discussed:
- Advantages and Disadvantages of in-house cytology
- Sampling Techniques – adhesive tape strips, direct impression smear, indirect impression smear, needle core and FNA
- Slide preparation
- Microscope set-up
- Flowchart of differentials when interpreting cytology
- Ear cytology in cases of otitis externa
- What’s a normal amount of flora in ears vs infection?
- Examples of common findings on skin cytology and pyoderma
- Pemphigus foliaceus
- Mast Cell Tumours
- Epitheliotropic Lymphoma